Sunday, October 03, 2004

If I Were a Publisher

In the last few years during the mind-numbing final test cycle of products I'm working on, I have tried to entertain myself by coming up with book titles/summaries of a Regnary stripe, but with slightly different political leanings.

Cowardice How movement conservatives are too scared to submit themselves to the system they supposedly worship. Alternately, how people who have never served a minute in combat have endangered the lives of their countrymen.

Incompetence How men and women with no expertise or basic competence in any field have cheated their way into government and compromised our national security and prosperity.

Men Without Qualities How third rate social climbers lie or buy their way into positions of prominence and power and how it's destroying America.

I Don't Care What They Think(and You Shouldn't Either) How radio talk show hosts, social commentators and magazine writers of no achievement or ability are poisoning our democracy.

The Big Babies of Conservatism Trilogy: Get Over It: When Conservatives Whine, Their Mothers Raised'em Wrong and I Don't Wanna Share My Toys discussing the social, psychological and economic underpinnings of modern Conservatism.