Sunday, October 03, 2004

7-11

So I just came out of the 7-11 that's local to my place of work, and I noticed something really odd. All of their medium sized(16 oz) coffe cups are special "YOUR VOTE COUNTS! KERRY 2004" edition. ARE YOU EFFIN' KIDDING ME??? Since when did 7-11 become partisan? Or is this some sort of weird leftover ad-buy from the primaries? Or maybe it's just a general GOTV kind of thing. Any way you slice it, I'm more shocked than anything.

If anyone finds Bush/Cheney 2004 cups out there in your local 7-11, post where you are and where you found them in the comments. Otherwise, I might have to warn a certain jingoist xenophobe in Hampden that he should stop shopping at 7-11. (If he DID stop shopping at 7-11, that'd be fine by me, because I hate running into him at 3:00 in the morning when all I really want is a fresh pack of smokes and he has to tell me about how he wants to kill all the Palestinians and make sure Hillary never gets to run for president. And before you say anything about how I should shop at RoFo, can I just tell you to go eff yourself now? They don't carry my brand. As soon as they start, I'll start buying there.)