Thursday, September 30, 2004

More Debates

Let me just start by saying I want John kerry to win the election, and I want the perception to be that he won the debate. I'm rooting for him 100% ok?

I've just listened to the opening minutes and I already feel like someone just vomited in my shoes and waited until I put them on to laugh and point. This is effin' ridiculous. The rules...ARE YOU EFFIN' KIDDING ME? I mean, because of all this, both candidates are reduced to regurgitating their talking points, which will continue for 90 minutes. Then we'll get the elegant thrust and parry of meaningful analysis of body language, skin tone, and whatever other garbage our wretched excuse for a political class decides to bumble on about(a bunch of mindless jerks who will seriously be the first against the wall when the revolution comes - see last graph). Finally both sides will declare victory(I'll be listening to Air America tomorrow, because I like the Kerry Wins version better). God, I feel like an effin' cliche even writing these words, because it's been said, and will continue to be said by other people more eloquent than me.

Nadar voters, I understand, I really do. I hate this as much as you do, but we can't mount an offensive from the left until we move the effective terms of debate from between neo-facist and center-conservative to something more reasonable, and we can't do that with this bunch in power. It's either this way, or we really do man the barricades.

Crap. I don't even own a barricade to man. Note to self: buy as many barricades as will fit in the basement.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just as I finished writing the above I got a call from a friend who's watching on C-SPAN and he said "You've gotta watch it on the feed tomorrow. It's just like you predicted. On the networks they're just cutting from one guy to the other guy, but on C-SPAN you can see Bush grimacing, shaking his head, smirking and getting flustered while Kerry talks. It's fucking funny as shit."

This is, as we all should know, a fave tactic of W, and he doesn't want the rest of the country to see it. I'm sure Kerry knows better than to be flustered by this kind of garbage having been in the Senate. Still, it's perfect. The whole thing is a joke, and we don't get to see the punchline.