Sunday, January 30, 2005

We Agree!

This sentiment from the Moose says pretty much what we would. Reading this put the kind of chill in my spine I normally get only when I read a particularly beautiful technical paper. And we agree with Fixer at Alternate Brain.

The Sunni boycott is indeed troubling, and I don't like reading this:

Adnan Pachachi, a Sunni elder statesman and candidate for the National Assembly, said he believes the best hope for harmony lies in giving Sunnis a significant role in drafting the country's new constitution.

"The main thing, I think, is we should really have a constitution written by representatives of all segments of Iraq's population," Pachachi said. "I think it would improve the security situation."

It reads sort of like a little blackmail message. But be that as it may, the events today are very heartening, to say the least.