Monday, January 10, 2005

Elevating The Discourse Some More

This here quote via MediaMatters got me thinkin'. Recall that those of us who work in its proximity call the Sinclair headquarters "the Sin Lair" because of their notorious CEO. It's a really ugly building too. But that's not what I want to talk about. It's this:

HYMAN: I wasn't going to address this, and then I thought, "what the heck?" Several days before Christmas -- and please note, I said "Christmas" and not "the holiday season," and that alone will anger the liberals --

ARE YOU EFFIN' KIDDING ME? Every time I hear a commentator say something like "anger the liberals", I imagine a three year old saying "poop!" over and over because he/she knows it'll piss off their mom. Well, we ain't your moms. But since the level of discourse you guys want to pass off is for 3-year olds, allow me to elevate the discourse somewhat. I speak, of course, of elementary school playground taunts - Detroit, circa 1979 version, wherein someone insists on doing something really annoying "just to piss you off" The correct reply in these situations was: "Bitch, you ain't come close to pissin' me off. Still walkin' and breathin' aintcha?" That would be my Point. There are plenty of us who live and work quite close to Mr. Hyman, and he's still walkin' and breathin', right?