Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Being On The Far Left You Get Used To This Sort Of Thing...

You think I'm being a jerk? Go read Marc Cooper. Here's a guy who's seen quite a bit of real electoral turmoil. He was in Chile when Allende was thrown out of power by a US engineered coup. He's been a real activist and a reasoned articulate hard core lefty for longer than I've been alive. I don't agree with everything he says, but I do have to point out that even under Clinton many of us realized our opinions were marginalized, even (and especially) on the left.

So for some of us, today is an old story. Extreme capitalist imperialism continues its inexorable march middle eastward while we argue about global tests and Mary Cheney's sexual preference. And then there's "moral values". I've got a lot to say about that, but it's coming later.