Wednesday, November 08, 2006

This Morning...

I've been meditating on this choice bit of internet lingo.

I haven't been posting much lately, partly because I thought that disappearingink was putting things so well - let's hope he's right about the senate race - and partly because I have been convinced since at least August that I couldn't do anything that the Republcans weren't doing all by themselves. But I do think that, while today is a day for us dewinocrats to celebrate, its also a day for progressives to remember that there's a lot of work to be done to get moderate dems to live up to the promise of this election.

If you're like me, and you avoided voting for Green candidates in favor of Dems this time around, thinking that it was more important to move the country away from right-wing extremism than to get a couple of token progressives in, then the next two years are the time to lean on the dems to get what you want. Keep an eye on them. Call them. Let them know you're watching, and that you are willing to vote for progressives next time around.