Monday, July 31, 2006

A Portrait of Peter


As temperatures climb to numbers higher than I can count (I went to school in Baltimore) and Israel bullies the U.S. while stoking the fires of WWIII, I turn to America's Pass Time to calm my frazzled nerves. Ahh baseball, you'll never hurt me.

Ummm, wait a minute. What's this I read? The O's front office has put together a spectacular deal? Might I have hope for the future? Disgruntled and aging shortstop Miguel Tejada whose range rivals that of Stephen Hawking for pitcher Ervin Santana and top shortstop prospect Erick Aybar! Sold American. Finally the O's front office is putting things together. We just have to get it past that horrible troll under the bridge, Peter "We're One or Two Players Away" Angelos. Damn, he nixed it. Turns out he knows more about baseball than Mike Flanagan and Jim Duquette. Who knew? Peter knew.

If I found a magic genie lamp and got 3 wishes, I would wish that Angelos could swap places with the Scarecrow just before they got to see the wizard. Seems like some one is in more desperate need.


S.O.L.