Tuesday, October 11, 2005

New contest!

Let's call it, "My boss is the biggest crackpot cuz...". I'll start.

1. Yesterday, a crackpot sent me an email with a link to an article about body mass index and why I should be interested in it. Though I refuse to disclose my place of business, I will let loose that I certainly do not work in a gym, a doctor's office or any other location that is concerned primarily with obesity, fitness, weight, et al. Yes, this crackpot was my boss and yes, he did want all of the staff to calculate our BMI and report back to him with the results. Needless to say, I deleted the email and tried to pretend I'd never seen it. Last time I checked, my boss has never no need for knowing how much body fat is shakin over here.

2. Started Capt. Crackpot's "required reading" for this semester. First book: "One Nation Under Therapy". Co-written by Christina Hoff Sommer, author of sellout bestseller, "Who Stole Feminism?". Admittedly, I've only read the preface, but the tome got all danged messy from the puke that I discharged while reading. So as to not spoil the ending (of the preface) for you, let me say that this "scientific" analysis of years of psychological theory is performed by resident scholars of the American Enterprise Institute. Search inside!

I've said too much. The glare from the unblinking eye is keeping me awake. Tread lightly.
Anybody else?
|

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home