Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Pin a medal on the Turd Blossom!

That's Bush's witty and urbane nickname for Karl Rove.

So Foxxx News is funny in a kind of horrifying way - like something out of Starship Troopers, only with Foxxx you're more sure that there really is something fascist going on, as opposed to Paul Verhoeven's utterly inessential film (from what I recall, Verhoeven had some rather negative experience with the Nazis.)

Anyway...some featherless biped named John Gibson - a manly name, a Foxxxy name, though I don't know if I could spot him in a crowd - actually said that Karl Rove deserves a medal if, in fact, he outed Valerie Plame (though of course he didn't, and even if he did, he didn't mean to, and Syria has nuclear weapons, damnit!)

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: don't blame me, I voted for Larouche. Or was it Valorum? But I digress.

Anyway, kind a weird window into the psyche of Foxxx...far more nauseating than the cyborg reader of cue cards at CNN who says that Rove is subject to a smear campaign.

Why do I care? In part because I always become cynical and angry when I read Pericles' funeral oration - the most magnificent coupling of democracy and empire you'll ever see - and in part because this actually does piss me off. You expect the minor Freudian slip from Foxxx - the anchor (who really is named Asman) who referred to Republicans as "us," for instance - but how does the whole "We're for security and protecting America while those leftist hippies just want to abort all straight babies and marry box turtles while aiding and abetting the Islamo-fascists" master narrative make room for rewarding, or even defending, someone who seems to have not only broken the law, but jeopardized our national security?

Ahem, ahem...throat clearing...drumroll...Are you effin' kidding me?
|

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home